[wp-testers] Upload via XMLRPC broken in 2.0

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Dec 29 02:38:48 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 11:30 +0900, ecto Support wrote:
> Good, that does it! (How did this bug ever make it in the final 2.0
> release?)

Show of hands, who on the testers list posts via xmlrpc?  Who uploads
via xmlrpc?  I suspect the answer is no one, alas.  We've always had
trouble covering xmlrpc.

> I still wonder why it was decided to complete change the upload
> directory structure. Previously users could specify a subdirectory
> now gives errors. Also, such date-based uploads prevents users to
> overwrite earlier uploads. IMHO, it is a bad change.

Maybe xmlrpc uploads should go into a flat structure.  Maybe just into
uploads/ and allow uses to specify their own subdirs beneath that?

Ryan