[wp-testers] Custom head meta data

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Fri Dec 23 12:21:35 GMT 2005

Sean Hayford O'Leary <hayfordoleary at gmail.com> wrote:
|  I haven't heard of anything of the such. That'd be dandy, though.
|
|  On 12/22/05, Alex Biddle <heuristic at gmail.com> wrote:
|  > Hi there,
|  >
|  > Was wondering if the new version of Wordpress will have custom
<head>
|  > functionality. Ie. If you include a javascript file that is only
going
|  > to be used in one post, you only have to have the script included
in
|  > the <head> of that post; not in the template header.

couldn't agree more. some plugins, like the "Extended Live Archives"
plugin,
which need to output some Javascript etc. they do it on the "wp_head"
call
which results in the Javascript files being called on every page, even
though
they are useful only on the single Archives page. so being able to
output
stuff to <head> on a conditional basis would be quite kewl.

but as I gave it a thought, can it be done by checking whether the
request
is for a page(with a particular name etc.) or post from within the
plugin? I've
seen some themes employ conditional includes in sidebars etc. by
checking
whether its a page or post etc. so can that be checked from within a
plugin?

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter