[wp-testers] readme.html

Michael E. Hancock michael at hancockdata.com
Thu Dec 22 19:55:20 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Jaquith" <mark.wordpress at txfx.net>
> Do we need a special 1.5 to 2.0 upgrade codex page, or should we just
> rename the 1.2 to 1.5 upgrade page as 1.2 to 2.0?  All of the things
> that were valid for upgrading to 1.5 should be valid for upgrading to
> 2.0 ... the upgrade to 2.0 from 1.5 is mainly an issue of plugin
> compatibility.

Mark,

The intention is to revise http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress
and make that the 1.5 to 2.0 article.  The article name will remain
Upgrading_WordPress.

I'd agree that the http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrade_1.2_to_1.5 article
should probably be revised and moved to an article called
http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrade_1.2_to_2.0 and unless there is any
negative response to that idea, that will be accomplished before Dec 26th.

Oops just one question--will the 2.0 upgrade.php handle a 1.2 to 2.0
upgrade?

~~~~MichaelH
Michael E. Hancock