[wp-testers] Akismet 1.12 on IIS

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:24:04 GMT 2005

On 12/21/05, Dan Milward <dan at instinct.co.nz> wrote:
> Because I am no programmer (just an onlooker) I cannot possibly help you
> with your bug, however I can offer you some advise re your feelings of
> loneliness, I think that all you need to do it upgrade your server to a
> Linux box and only then will you start to feel a part of something
> bigger... a community.... ;)

No matter how you look at it, this is out of line. WordPress et al is
designed to work just about anywhere you put it, including IIS.
Dropping support for such a large userbase simply isn't an option, and
I do wish that unless you have something meaningful to contribute to
the discussion, you keep this sort of stuff to yourself, as people are
free and capable of make their own choices.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com