[wp-testers] Uploading Location and Trailing slash

Sean Hayford O'Leary hayfordoleary at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 02:54:17 GMT 2005

The trailing slash isn't a big deal -- but anyone know about the uploading?

(My argument against trailing slash is that it techincally indicates a
directory, not a single web-page. (Even the W3C themselves do not always use
trailing slash: http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/good-titles)

On 12/18/05, Gregory Wild-Smith <greg at twilightuniverse.com> wrote:

> From the point of view of being good practice they should at least.
> The server has to do less work to find the requested resource with a
> trailing slash (usually anyhow).
>
> Not sure if its a rule as such, but the W3C probably recommends it.
>
> -- Greg
>
> Rick Beckman wrote:
> > Aren't proper URLs meant to have a trailing slash? I'm not saying
> > you're wrong in your request, but this is what I remember reading
> > somewhere on the W3C website, though "to each his own." :-)
> >
> > --
> > Rick
> >
> > On 12/18/05, *Sean Hayford O'Leary* <hayfordoleary at gmail.com
> > <mailto:hayfordoleary at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Two completely unrelated things:
> >     First - In an older e-mail from the list, there was a method in
> >     wp-settings.php to easily change the upload path. Maybe I'm crazy,
> but
> >     has this code changed since the upload path option was taken out of
> >     the admin? Also, how do you specify what types of files can be
> >     uploaded?
> >
> >     Second - Is there an efficient way to eliminate trailing slashes in
> >     2.0? Naturally, you can get rid of them for the posts themselves in
> >     the permalink options, but for categories and archives, they still
> >     show up by default (I'm not sure if this should be counted as a
> >     "feature" or a "bug," but it seems that if you don't have a trailing
> >     slash specified in the permalink options, it should be disabled
> >     site-wide).
> >
> >     --
> >     Sean Hayford O'Leary

> > --
> > Rick Beckman
> > www.Beckman-Ministries.com <http://www.Beckman-Ministries.com>
> >
> > Check out (and contribute!) to OpenWord, the FREE Bible-believer's
> > encyclopedia:
> > http://openword.fellowship-hall.com/

Sean Hayford O'Leary

Help spread the joy of the holiday season -- donate to Oxfam [
http://oxfamamerica.org]. Also see my new collective opinion site --
Alphaspeak [http://alphaspeak.org].