[wp-testers] RTE - stripping out table code

Gregory Wild-Smith greg at twilightuniverse.com
Sat Dec 17 10:50:16 GMT 2005

Just thought I'd throw this out there to see if its just some quirk here.

Has anyone else found that TinyMCE strips out the THEAD and CAPTION
elements of a table? It seems to display them if I enter them in the
HTML box (kinda... wonky, but ok I guess) but when I post or save they
are stripped. Kind of irritating if you're trying to use tables properly
(or have a complex table). It my case it was a font/character/language
comparison...

Also it converts hex entities into the characters when they are written
&xxxx on save (displays them initially as &xxx, and then saves them
as the actual characters) I think this has been reported though...

I haven't tested it, but I would assume that it would have problems with
TBODY and such too...

-- Gregory
www.twilightuniverse.com