[wp-testers] Writing without WYSIWYG

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Dec 12 18:45:30 GMT 2005

Vlad may have been talking about an on-the-fly switch, which will NOT
be included in WP 2.0

If no one else steps up, I'll be making a plugin for this,
eventually.  I'm thinking that the easier way would just be to have a
button that saves the entry, switches your preference, and reloads
the entry.  You'd essentially just be putting the option on each edit
page, to make it easier to switch back and forth on the fly.

Even better, of course, would be Javascript switching with an AJAX
save/reload... someday.

On Dec 9, 2005, at 3:06 PM, Vladimir Simovic aka Perun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any Possibilty to write Postings and Pages in classical
> way: without WYSIWYG-Editor ?
>
> For me and for some of my Clients is the Writing in the "old" Way
> (with Quicktags) better: because cleaner and simplier.
>
> Are there any Plans for "switch from WYSIWYG to Quicktags"-
> Button ... maybe as a Plugin?
>
> Greetings
>
> Vlad
> --