[wp-testers] AJAXcat and AJAXlists fall-backs

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Sun Dec 11 00:33:00 GMT 2005

On Dec 10, 2005, at 1:06 PM, Mike Little wrote:
> On 08/12/05, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/8/05, Michael D Adams <mikea at turbonet.com> wrote:
>>> Both AJAXcat and AJAXlists should fall back gracefully on no-AJAX
>>> and
>>> on no-JS.  Any evidence to the contrary would be appreciated.
>> No such evidence here. :-)
>
> Absolute evidence!
> If you turn off Javascript there is still no way to get the img tag
> pasted into the post!
> Even if you can use a mouse, dragging the thumbnail of the uploaded
> image to your post does not insert the img tag. How could it?
>
> With javascript on or off, there is NO WAY to get focus on the
> thumbnails if you can't use a mouse.
>
> This is completely and utterly EXCLUDING a set of users who ARE NOT
> CURRENTLY EXCLUDED.
>
> Now do you see why this is a step backwards?

AJAXcat and AJAXlists have nothing to do with image uploading (about
which I am ignorant).  They are responsible for adding categories on
the fly and deleting things from administration lists (like comments
etc.), respectively.

I agree with you, Mike, wholeheartedly, but you're referring to a
separate problem.  Though if you could look into any accessibility
issues with AJAXcats/lists, I'd be happy to help address any problems
you find.

Cheers,
Michael