[wp-testers] Theme and upgrade

Stefano steagl at people.it
Thu Dec 8 09:25:24 GMT 2005

Il Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:11:12 +0000, David House <dmhouse at gmail.com>
scrive:

>As this is obviously not happening in anyone else's case, your first
>conclusion should have been that there was something wrong with your
>theme, not WordPress, but I'll ignore that for now.

An it's mine conclusion too, the only strange behaviour is tht if i
make a fresh installatons of WP 2.0 and then i put the theme and i
activate it it works. If i upgrade an older installatione (1.5.2) and
i do the same it will show up a pblonk screen.

>A blank screen normally means a PHP error. Try checking your apache
>error log. If you're only using the system for local testing purposes,
>you might want to turn the php.ini setting display_errors on as it can
>make debugging a lot quicker.

Thanks for the advices, today i notice that renaminf functions.php to
make them "invisible" to 2.0 will make the theme show up perfectly,
then the problem is there.

I supposed that functions.php was used only in the admin panel, but
lokks like it's used even when the theme is shown... i wasn't able to
find abny info about this new function... still investigating. It
remain the strange beahviour from fresh and upgrade installation.

Thanks again

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it
Sites: http://www.40annibuttati.it
       http://www.wordpress-it.it