[wp-testers] is tiny-mce broken on Camino/Safari or is that my misconfiguration?

Roy Schestowitz wp-lowtraffic at schestowitz.com
Thu Dec 8 07:38:11 GMT 2005

_____/ On Thu 08 Dec 2005 05:25:05 GMT, [Austin Matzko] wrote : \_____

> Wouldn't it be safer and easier to test for behavior rather than parse
> agent strings?  The Opera browser, for example, says that it's
> Internet Explorer by default.
>
> The JavaScript could return false on some function necessary for
> TinyMCE, and then it could load a version of the write page
> window.location.href = '/wp-admin/post.php?tinymce=off';
> or something like that.

[...]

_____/ On Thu 08 Dec 2005 05:59:22 GMT, [Austin Matzko] wrote : \_____

> I'll poke around.  Can you point me to the function that loads the
> WYSIWYG bar?
> Konqueror isn't throwing any JavaScript warnings, so there must be
> something built into the current code to make it fail gracefully
> already. If we could just find that . . .

[...]

_____/ On Thu 08 Dec 2005 06:21:51 GMT, [Andy Skelton] wrote : \_____

> tinyMCE.init() which is called by code generated in admin-header.php
> and defined in tiny_mce.js as TinyMCE.prototype.init.

[...]

_____/ On Thu 08 Dec 2005 06:44:52 GMT, [Andy Skelton] wrote : \_____

> Eariler I said TinyMCE didn't work with Safari < 2.
>
> Does it work in Safari 2 or any later versions?
>
> I should buy a Mac so I can test this myself.

Here is another way of keeping track of browser compatibility. Please bear in
mind that the local mockup is lossy, but it at least demonstrates whether
TinyMCE shows up or not:

http://browsershots.org/website/596902/

The following will be added in due time:

Epiphany 1.4.8	1024x768 24 hours
Firefox 1.0.4	1024x768 3 minutes
Galeon 1.3.20	1024x768 24 hours
Konqueror 3.3	1024x768 24 hours