[wp-testers] is tiny-mce broken on Camino/Safari or is that my misconfiguration?

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 05:25:05 GMT 2005

On 12/7/05, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need a
> good list of browsers that can't use TinyMCE, and their user agent
> string patterns. I can use it to make WP revert to Quicktags for those
> browsers, even if they have the rich editor switched on.

Wouldn't it be safer and easier to test for behavior rather than parse
agent strings?  The Opera browser, for example, says that it's
Internet Explorer by default.

The JavaScript could return false on some function necessary for
TinyMCE, and then it could load a version of the write page
window.location.href = '/wp-admin/post.php?tinymce=off';
or something like that.