[wp-testers] about yourself text area - and on default roles

Dan Milward dan at instinct.co.nz
Tue Dec 6 00:43:27 GMT 2005

I'm sorry if this has already been covered but I would appreciate some
clarification on the following:

1) In profile.php where you can add the 'About yourself' text, it says
that this text may be publicly shown - is there actually a way to
display all the users and there their About Text in a public page that
is part of the 2.0 functionality? If there is not then I would remove
the 'this may be publicly shown' as it is misleading and essentially
just a given as it is saved in the database along with everything else.
You might as well have 'this may be publicly shown' next to the AIM
field if that is the case....

2) After a little experimentation I assume the default roles are as follows:

Administrator - Root
Editor - Somebody who can write posts and manage their posts as well as
manage other peoples posts etc...
Author - Somebody who can write posts and manage their own posts
Contributor - Somebody who can also write posts and manage their own posts
Subscriber - Somebody who can read comments/comment/recieve news letters
etc...

I cannot see any difference between a Author and Contributor. Sorry :-(

I thought a link to the descriptions next to the default role selection
drop down in the options page could be useful. This might also stop
people asking dumb questions later on down the track.

3)  Sign out is not on the first admin page. That is just silliness ;)

Thanks guys :))

Ciao,

Dan