[wp-testers] User Level revisited (after a year)

Humaneasy Consulting humaneasy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 19:22:13 GMT 2005

I think this issue starts from a wrong ideia. I already discussed with a
friend of mine that WordPress IS NOT a Content Management System but a
Weblog System but it is so good that people start to wish it is.

A Weblog system is a personal diary and we must assume that the people that
we invite to be co-authors are our personal friends and that they are people
we trust.

A CMS system does not need to have friends around but it need to have a very
tight Workflow to avoid the kind of problems mentioned already.

If you wan't a CMS with Roles and Levels and a big professional Workflow
then you should choose something like ezPublish or Typo3 and not a blog
system. A good example is at http://www.care2x.org/ made with Typo3.

If you just wan't to blog keep yourself with Wordpress.

Even if you need something that is more than a Webolog but not necessarely a
full blown CMS you can stick with something Drupal (or Civicspace). Good
example at http://www.culturekitchen.com/

Thanks to FOSS you have a lot of options. Diferent solutions for diferent
needs. Don't try to make it all-in-one.

Best,

Lopo