[wp-testers] Upload and use of Images

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 11:03:51 GMT 2005

On 04/12/05, Andy Staines <andy at yellowswordfish.com> wrote:
> So - OK - (1) leave the upload where it is. (2) Let ME THE USER
> choose where I want my images to be stored. I don't want this imposed
> on me and I don't want to change base code. (3) Give me the actual
> code for the image. If not using the editor the drag and drop doesn't
> work properly. Actually it's flaky anyway.  (4) And - so far ignored
> - let ME THE USER CHOOSE if I want a thumbnail created. I don't want
> my valuable space littered with junk I don't want.

Right, let's get this sorted out.

1. Why? What do you mean by 'where it is'? On the Upload page? You
really disagree that the inline uploading is worse than having to
click through to a seperate page? Or are you talking about something
else?

2. You have the option. As Matt mentioned, you can stick it in your
wp-config.php and not worry about it ever again (I should have thought
of that :)). The point is that most people won't care, so having an
admin option is clutter. The alternative is to write a three-line
plugin that would do this for you. If you really need it I could do
that.

3. That's still a bug, and is still intending to be fixed. The way to
fix this would be to file a bug on trac.

4. Again, I guess if someone has selected 'Use Original', then we
shouldn't create a thumbnail. File a second ticket.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net