[wp-testers] Upload and use of Images

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 15:14:32 GMT 2005

On 04/12/05, Andy Staines <andy at yellowswordfish.com> wrote:
> [ANDY] What I'd like is the upload feature as per 1.5.x which worked
> just fine for me. One folder, choice of thumbnail and gave me the
> HTML to copy and paste. So am I going to need to write a plugin to
> resurrect that?

The point is that a flat folder structure won't work for most people.
A lot of people will hopefully use this new feature to upload pictures
to go with every post, or maybe every other post, or whatever. Over
the course of a few years (tangent: what's the average lifetime of a
WP blog?), the amount of files here would get really huge, and some
filesystems choke when the number of files gets too big.

That's why a flat folder strucutre shouldn't be in the core. However,
you're welcome to hack/build a plugint to alter this.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net