[wp-testers] WordPress cache, and IIS

Scott scott.and.kim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 00:30:02 GMT 2005

I'm currently running Wordpress 1.5.2 under IIS at http://www.lazycoder.comand
www.scottkoon.org. I migrated the installations from a Linux box to
webhost4life.com. I use the control panel provided by my web host to handle
any file permissions issues. The rewrite rules were a bit of a challenge
since I had been using mod_rewrite when I was on a Linux host. I changed my
Wordpress, then I created a custom, dynamic 404.php file to handle
redirecting incoming links using the old permalink format to the new
location. It mainly involved inserting the "index.php" into the querystring.

All in all, it wasn't rocket surgery. File permissions are file permissions.
I certainly didn't have administrative access to the server at my webhost,
but I was able to get Wordpress up and running with minimal fuss. If I
hadn't had to write the custom 404 redirector, it would have taken me about
10 minutes, including the time it took to FTP the files to my host, to get
it running under IIS.

YMMV though.