[wp-testers] RTE gzip Problems

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 22:22:43 GMT 2005

I have two Wordpress blogs on the same server, though on differing
subdomains. The permissions, server settings, etc., for both accounts
ought to be identical.

However, on one subdomain everything seems to work perfectly with the
RTE. On the other, however, the RTE editor never loads because
tiny_mce_gzip.php refuses to load properly. The problem lies with gzip
somehow, because commenting out the followign block of code in the
file causes everything to work like a charm.

	// Only gzip the contents if clients and server support it
	$encodings = explode(',', strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING']));
	if (in_array('gzip', $encodings) && function_exists('ob_gzhandler'))
		ob_start("ob_gzhandler");

I'm at a loss to explain this, and thought I'd bring it up if anyone
has any idea on even where to look for the cause. (zlib is disabled at
the server level, which was originally the cause of my problems with
the RTE, but those problems were solved a while back).

--
Rick Beckman
www.Beckman-Ministries.com