[wp-testers] How to clean up wp_options table? ...

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Wed Aug 10 17:41:52 GMT 2005

Aaron Storm wrote:

> More specifically:
>
> I was trying K2 alpha 4 and noticed that it has a built-in plug-in
> that it's automatically activated to enable its "options panel". What
> I observed was that the optional panel did go away when you deactivate
> the theme. http://flickr.com/groups/topic/65604/
>
> As far as my understanding, the automatic activation happens through
> header.php update_option('active_plugins', $plugins) (line 20); which
> in turn updated the wp_options table (specifically
> option_name=active_plugins).
>
> Browsing that table got me thinking that I have a bunch of information
> there maybe is not needed anymore because the plug-in is not installed
> anymore.
>
> So, my general question is on how to clean up this table, and
> specifically on how to deactivate an active plugin that is not on the
> plugin list (in the case of K2), without editing the rows manually.

As of right now, I don't see any other way but manual removal.  You
should contact Chris J. Davis, who is in charge of the K2 options table
and request some sort of "self destruct" mechanism whereby the plugin
will uninstall itself if K2 is no longer the selected theme.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/