[wp-testers] A few errors in latest

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri Aug 5 22:47:23 GMT 2005

"Losing" - yup !

>> 2. Adding a category from the dropdown on 'Write' does not work for me.
> I don't think there's code actually hooking this up yet.
fair enough.

>> 5. I assume link in the new edit bar is not yet finished. (I'll find
>> out what 'unlink' is)
> It works for me.  Highlight text, click the link.  A window should pop
> up.  Fill out the form in the popup, and the highlighted text turns into
> a link.
>
> Highlight a link and click unlink to remove the link.
Completely different to how it's been done since WP .72
I suggest a help page link - on the Write screen - direct to a codex
page devoted solely to how to use this. Lots of screenshots. I can see
that link question being a Very FAQ. Please - we need this. We have
answered with "Use the <--more--> tag" a zillion times so this will be
competition :)

>> 6. Adding wp-contactform does not allow the appearance of the
>> contactform quicktag.
> wp-contactform (as well as any other plugin that adds quicktags) will
> need to be modified to insert buttons into the WYSI editor.
Thought so.

>> 7. In Firefox, the upload image button produces a too small window.
>> It's fine in IE.
> Looks ok to me FF 1.0.4 on XP.  Need to upgrade my FF...
Pretty standard 1.0.6 here - with loads of extensions as usual :)

>> 8. Webdev bar in FF shows this error:
>> Error: document.getElementById("quicktags") has no properties
>> Source File: http://www.tamba2.net/onesix/trunk/wp-admin/post.php
>> Line: 268
> That line's not in my source.  Did you run upgrade.php?
It was actually a clean install (by svn - my first !) and that error
appears when I click the js check button in the top right of the screen
- it's part of the webdev bar. Apologies for not being clear on that.

P.