[wp-testers] Bug 1275 - RSS Gives 304's

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Mon Apr 25 19:43:30 GMT 2005

I added a note to mosquito
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1275 but thought I'd ask
people to look it over here.

Changing the || to an && on line 137 of the latest SVN produces the
correct 200 v. 304 behavior, as far as I can tell. I'm not sure that
the logic is perfect, though; I'm unfamiliar with HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH
and therefore don't know what the ${X}_etag variables are.

The (edited) line in question is
if ( (strtotime($client_last_modified) <= strtotime($wp_last_modified))
&& ($client_etag == $wp_etag) ) {

Hopefully someone can tell me what HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH is and why what
I've done is wrong :)
Michael