[wp-testers] Possible comments bug

Drew J. Como djcomo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 21:38:19 GMT 2005

I have been using the nightly builds for the last few weeks and
uncovered a minor but annoying bug. I don't want to post it as
a real bug yet, since I'd like to see if someone can reproduce it.

I have comments disabled on my blog (too much comment spam),
however when I post, the 'comments' link at the bottom of the default
template is an active link, however clicking on the link does show that
comments are disabled. I'd prefer if the link wasn't active and the
standard 'Comments Off' text is displayed. (Please note that the
'Allow Comments' under the Discussion area is unchecked.)

The only ways that I can get the 'Comments Off' text to be displayed
on my posts are the following:

- Before clicking 'Publish', click 'Save'. Go into the drafts area
and then publish from there.

- Edit the published post and check the 'Allow Comments' checkbox
then save it. Then edit the published post a second time and uncheck
the 'Allow Comments' checkbox.

Thanks :-)

--
Drew J. Como