[wp-testers] utf8 in MySQL 4.1

Mike yottamug at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 23:48:10 GMT 2005

the problem happens when we enter chinese characters
(tradition chinese) and it not really use utf8 for
input and output (really? seems to be) but phpMyadmin
does.

i would like phpMyAdmin as the mysql admin tools & it
gives incorrect characters. Other east asian languages
may have the same problem.

(phpMyadmin would detects the mysql version & utf8)

http://wiki.plogworld.net/index.php/Core_Components_Hacks