[wp-testers] Pingback behavior

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Mon Apr 18 01:26:27 GMT 2005

I've been pinging myself a lot on a test site, and nothing in
#wpdb->posts have anything in the pinged column.

I think pings go through, but they seem to get double sent; checking
the logs I always get a
"Fault code: 48 : The pingback has already been registered."
even after the ping is recorded.

This error then prevents add_ping() from ever being called.

Perhaps this is because of the lines near 470 of comment-functions.php?

$client->query('pingback.ping', array($pagelinkedfrom, $pagelinkedto));
if ( !$client->query('pingback.ping', array($pagelinkedfrom,
$pagelinkedto) ) )

The function get's called twice; the second time will always generate
error 48 and the pinged column will not be updated.

I'll file this as a bug if someone can confirm.
Michael