[wp-testers] Pingback behavior

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Sun Apr 17 09:04:23 GMT 2005

I have "Attempt to notify any Weblogs linked to from the article"
checked in the Discussion Options.

Whenever I edit a post, it resends pingbacks.  More specifically, I'm
running revision 2535 and am pingbacking a post on a friend's WordPress
1.5.0 blog.  He got one pingback when I first published the post and
another when I edited some typos.

Is this the intended behavior?  If not, is this my WordPress' problem
(I shouldn't be sending new pingbacks on edit), or his (he should not
accept multiple pingbacks from the same source)?

Michael
mdawaffe