[wp-testers] Multi level blockquotes not working in blog posts

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Tue Apr 5 03:13:04 GMT 2005

Dave Metzener wrote:

> Notice, the bolded "</blockquote>". I have tried a few variations of
> multiple levels of blockquotes, however, none worked.

Dave,
I recommend that you go to Options -> Writing and uncheck the "WordPress
should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically" option and save
your options.  While this is a handy feature for newcomers to XHTML who
might forget to close an element, it is far from perfect, and just ends
up hindering users who want to use more advanced (yet valid) XHTML
markup, like you.  The only caveat is that you should always check your
entry to make sure you didn't forget to close an <em> and italicized
your entire front page.  While we should work to make the XHTML
correcting code better, it might be good for someone to make a plugin
that checks for validity, but notifies you of errors, instead of
attempting to fix it.
- Mark