[wp-testers] Multi level blockquotes not working in blog posts

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 02:30:46 GMT 2005

There already seems to be a bug report about this issue:
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1170

Nested blockquotes are allowed in XHTML, and so this is an issue, I believe

Carthik.

On Apr 4, 2005 10:16 PM, Dave Metzener <wptesters at metzener.com> wrote:

> I hope I am doing this correctly, it's my first bug report.
>
>  I am using 1.5.1-alpha build 2005-04-03
>
>  I am editing a post that has the following in it:
>

> <a
> href="http://www.bloggingpro.com/archives/2005/04/04/san-francisco-may-regulate-blogging/">San
> Francisco May Regulate Blogging by Blogging Pro</a>
> Commission had it out for the blogosphere, the San Francisco Board of
> Supervisors took it up a notch and announced yesterday that it will soon
> vote on a city ordinance that would require local bloggers to register with
> the city Ethics Commission and report all blog-related costs that exceed
> $1,000 in the aggregate.</blockquote>
>  This is ridiculous and unenforceable. Not only will they be required to
> register, but if blogs in San Francisco mention candidates for local office
> and receive more than 500 hits they will be forced to pay a registration fee
> and will be subject to website traffic audits.</blockquote>
>  Someone in Frisco is smoking crack! They just have to be totally kidding.
> If this was posted Friday, I would have been applauding at the incredibly
> creative April Fools post, but I really don't think this is supposed to be
> one.
>
>  Good grief!
>
> However, when I "Save and Continue Editing", my post is changed to this:
>

> <a
> href="http://www.bloggingpro.com/archives/2005/04/04/san-francisco-may-regulate-blogging/">San
> Francisco May Regulate Blogging by Blogging Pro</a>
> Election Commission had it out for the blogosphere, the San Francisco Board
> of Supervisors took it up a notch and announced yesterday that it will soon
> vote on a city ordinance that would require local bloggers to register with
> the city Ethics Commission and report all blog-related costs that exceed
> $1,000 in the aggregate.</blockquote>
>  This is ridiculous and unenforceable. Not only will they be required to
> register, but if blogs in San Francisco mention candidates for local office
> and receive more than 500 hits they will be forced to pay a registration fee
> and will be subject to website traffic audits.
>  Someone in Frisco is smoking crack! They just have to be totally kidding.
> If this was posted Friday, I would have been applauding at the incredibly
> creative April Fools post, but I really don't think this is supposed to be
> one.
>
>  Good grief!
>
> Notice, the bolded "</blockquote>". I have tried a few variations of
> multiple levels of blockquotes, however, none worked.
>
>  Also, the Post Preview is looking pretty sad in the area where the text is
> "blockquoted". Line height is too short, and it's centered.
>
>  Is this the correct way to post a bug report?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Dave

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net