[wp-pro] Fwd: Need help moving blog to different domain

Judy Kettenhofen nextdaycopy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 21:50:53 UTC 2010

*
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Judy Kettenhofen <nextdaycopy at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [wp-pro] Need help moving blog to different domain
To: Kathryn Pees <kathryn at creativeshiftdesign.com>

*You may be having problems with the plugins and themes.  You may want to go
into phpMyAdmin and do a search for the old domain name.
If you find it ... it may not be a matter of simply find & replace.
References in the wp_options table are sometimes encoded, and the length of
the domain name is used.

(someone told me the nature of the encoding, which someone described as
looking like JSON, but is not, but I've forgotten.  Hopefully, this comment
will inspire someone to provide the missing information...)

Sometimes de-activating the plugins and re-activating will take care of
these.  In other cases, you may need to try re-installing the plugin.

Beyond that -- not sure.

HTH,

Judy
*
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Kathryn Pees <
kathryn at creativeshiftdesign.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to move a client's blog/website to a different domain. It'll
> still being hosted on the same server. I had looked up how to do this and
> have been able to copy the database and files to the new server, but I'm
> having some problems getting the page content to show. I can see all of the
> page content when I go into the pages from the admin, I just can see any of
> the pages other than the home page when view the site. I had installed the
> search and replace plugin, but I'm a little unclear if I need to search and
> replace just the URL or if I need to include the path as well. If anyone can
> help me I'd appreciate it.

> wp-pro mailing list
> wp-pro at lists.automattic.com

Judy Kettenhofen
NextDay Copy (http://www.NextDay-Copy.com)
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/nextday
want to consolidate all your email accounts and manage them easily:  check
it out here (it's free...)
http://www.imfindit.com/gmailpower/GMailPower.html