[wp-pro] Full time WordPress job in Sacramento, CA

Matthew Gerring gerring.matthew at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 19:06:19 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I'm leaving the shop I work at, EMRL, (www.emrl.com) early in August, and I'm looking for my replacement. Here are the details:
What will do you here?

Create large & small websites using Wordpress
Translate static mock ups into living Wordpress websites
Assist in scoping projects and requests involving Wordpress
Code & update HTML/CSS  for assigned projects
DOM scripting to build interactive but accessible interfaces
Daily maintenance/updates to existing sites
Interact with our clients & their staff

Who are you?

You have an excellent understanding of Wordpress
You are experienced with creating Wordpress plugins & themes
You have the ability to leverage Wordpress by creating new plugins
You are comfortable working in a Linux/Windows environment
You have the ability to do scripting with JavaScript & JQuery
You are experienced working with PHP, MySQL
You have the ability to write standards based HTML & CSS layouts
You understand best practice coding standards, cross-browser issues
You understand and can help us create efficient user-experiences
You aren’t afraid to experiment, while being mindful of project due dates
You are a self-motivated, analytical thinker, with an eye for design
You want to work in a fun shop that has great clients
You have excellent written and oral communication skills
You have a strong portfolio & resume

I can tell you first hand that this is an incredible opportunity- you'll be getting paid to do incredibly cool and innovative stuff using WordPress, as well as contribute back to the WordPress community. You also get to play around on our live LAMP server with a T1 connection, where sometimes we deploy cool/weird stuff like our radio station, Culture Failure (http://cf.emrl.com), and our countdown to the apocalypse, the Apocolyptometer (http://apocolyptometer.com).

It's a four-person shop, and the other three people who work here are some of the coolest and most creative people I've ever met. The atmosphere is super laid back and low-stress. The office itself is awesome- we have an open loft on the second floor in the heart of downtown Sacramento, less than 100 yards away from light rail and bus stops. I can't talk specifics, but the pay is great.

We need someone who can work on site 5 days a week. You'll be working side by side with me for about a month, so there won't be any friction with figuring out how everything works.

If you're interested, please apply here: http://emrl.com/?p=3794.

Thanks,
Matthew Gerring