[wp-pro] 2 Plug-ins Needed | Extend Permalinks and Category Search

Mr. Bluesummers MrBluesummers at MrBluesummers.com
Sun Jan 17 18:35:56 UTC 2010

Hey all,

I'm looking for someone to develop a couple of easy plug-in for me. It
shouldn't take more than a day or two of work to an experienced coder.
 Payment via Paypal on delivery, lowest bidder gets the job.

FIRST PLUG - EXTEND PERMALINKS SYSTEM
I need a neat little plug-in that will add some specific functionality
to the Wordpress Permalink system. The idea is this; if every post has
only one child of some parent category, then I'd like an easy way to
insert that child-category's slug into the URL.

The whole business is a little awkward to describe, so I'll use an
example. Suppose you own food.com- a blog about different foods.

You have two posts:
+ Apple
+ Spinach

There are six categories [catID in brackets]:
+ [01]Color
+ [02]Red (a child of color)
+ [03]Green (a child of color)
+ [04]Class
+ [05]Fruit (a child of class)
+ [06]Vegetable (a child of class)

If the posts are categorized with one color and one class, I'd like my

%postid%/%subcategory04%/%subcategory01%/%postname%
or
http://www.food.com/21/Fruit/Red/Apple

Lovely!

You can might consider this plug as a starting point:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/scategory-permalink/installation/
And here are some key articles:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/WP_Rewrite
http://codex.wordpress.org/Custom_Queries

SECOND PLUG - TAG/CATEGORY SEARCH PARITY
The Wordpress category search system is less flexible than the tag
search system. Automatically, the query string
http://www.example.com/?tag=Fruit+Red will yield the intersection of
the two tags and http://sandbox.3dcodex.com/?tag=Fruit,Red will yield
the union ordered by date.
However, trying the same thing with categories is not so easy.
http://www.example.com/?category=02+05 will not yield posts in the
intersection of categories 1 and 2, and comma separated category IDs
isn't as expressive.  In a system so elegant I'm a little surprised
that this hasn't been built yet.

I would like a plug-in that will will bring parity to these two
systems. Allow categories to be expressed by their slugs during a
search, and allow the search function to find the intersection of two
or more categories using the '+' operator.

I.E. http://www.example.com/?tag=Sweet+Crisp&cat=Fruit+Red will yield
posts categorized under both fruit and red that are tagged with both
sweet and crisp. See how nice that looks? ^_^

Looks like this plug-in already does something similar, but I want
this functionality separated- clean and tight.
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multiple-category-selection-widget/

Thanks!