[wp-pro] WP E-commerce - Need help with "Checkout" page/process

Sharon Vraciu svraciu at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 20 01:03:50 UTC 2010

I have created a wordpress website, and have no prior experience programming/working in this capacity (I'm an account gal at an agency - no technical knowledge).  So, the fact that I have website up and running is rather shocking.  I still can't get my products/checkout pages to function properly and was hoping to hire someone to help out as soon as possible.

Current situation:  I've installed the wp e-commerce shopping cart plug-in.  Until the updated version of the plug-in is ready, I want my checkout process to function in particular way (details below) and need help.  I already have the "products" page set up, as well as a "checkout" page, but the formatting is messed up and it needs a little work.  Additionally, I purchased the "offline credit card processing" plug-in by Visser Labs, and need to make sure that's working properly.  I'll have it activated for when you start the job.  I am currently running on wp3.0

What Needs to be Done
1.  Both products/checkout page:  Fonts & font colors need to match my overall theme.  Half the text converted to match my theme and the other half didn't - you'll see what I'm talking about
2.  Products page:  Product titles need to be larger than currently are - just a font size change.
3.  Products/Checkout Pages:  Spacing/Formatting is out of whack - just need some spacing added in:

"Add to Cart" is crunched underneath the price
"Please enter your contact details" is crunched under the order summary
Shipping/Billing details crammed together
4.  Checkout page:  Enacted the plug-ins capability of adding "check box if billing address is same as shipping" but it keeps showing up under both the billing details and again under the shipping details and I can't fix it - need help here, or remove it all together.
5.  Checkout page:  Want billing/shipping forms side-by-side - but won't lose sleep over it if too time consuming.
6.  Checkout page:  You'll see I have a "For whom are you purchasing this product for?" drop down box - would like customer to be able to choose one of the following options "myself" "spouse" "child" "grandchild" as I'll send them specific info based on who they're purchasing for - again not a necessity, but nice.  The formatting is awful here.  I want there to be a space b/w the shipping/billing forms and this, as if this were it's own little form/area - can't figure out how to do it.
7.  Checkout page : Same situation from #6 is true for "check this box if you're interested in becoming a NutriiVeda distributor and we'll contact you within 24 hours." - just want to separate it a bit.

CHECKOUT PAGE:  Until the new plug-in is ready, I'd like the customer to be able to choose the product/quantity/flavor they want (there are only 2 products), then type in their shipping/billing info and address the 2 checkboxes I mentioned above (in #s 6 & 7), click buy now, and then be taken to a "thank you" page saying something like "Thank you for your purchase of NutriiVeda.  You will receive an invoice which includes tax and shipping charges within 24 hours." - but I can add the copy later. I do already have a "thank you" page set up for now if it helps.  I will not add tax/shipping at this time, although I'd like to - I just can't get the program to work for some reason.  Therefore, since that's the case, wondering:

1.  No reason we can't have product page and checkout page all one page since there's not going to be a real checkout per se?
2.  If we have everything on one page, not sure we really need to see a big order summary table (that is currently part of the checkout page).  So, the table the comes up in checkout once you "add to cart" (says "please review your order" directly above) could be removed altogether, don't you think?

Happy to discuss more in detail.  Please let me know if someone is willing to help and how much something like this would cost (time/cost).

Thanks so much!
Sharon
svraciu at hotmail.com