[wp-pro] No English (Australian) Translation!?

Daniel Cameron jaffasoft at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 15:27:44 GMT 2009

Hi,
    I'm from Australia I've know for quite some time that Wordpress does not
have a Translation for English Australia. I've entered here curiously to see
what's involved and if i have the capacity to diligently edit a file and
whatever else is involved in making a translation.

Australian spelling is not to different to American English but there is
quite a few variations throughout the language. I have to tel you that
spelling is actually my very bad point. But if i am not good enough to do it
i will take myself out. However if i can find the English/Australian list of
the different words then it will just be a matter of me going through
perhaps an existing English version and editing that.

With over 20 Million people in Australia and many Wordpress blogs around i
think we need one. Plus anything that help my English has got to be good for
me.

I'm not sure exactly what to do in here so any support would be good for me
right now!

I tried to register my name here http://pootle.locamotion.org/register.html but
am getting this error:
  Error 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 4: ordinal not in
range(128)
Back <javascript:history.back();>

I may need to be manually added I am 'Jaffasoft' jaffasoft at gmail.com  real
name:Daniel Cameron

I look forward to any dilligent comments to help me get started with this
I'm totally new and not really sure what to do!!

Jaffa