[wp-pro] CSS Issue: Image Alignment/Text formatting

Super Ann tech at superann.com
Mon Jun 15 18:58:56 GMT 2009

I think we could likely continue to talk circles around this
indefinitely amongst ourselves. A solution -- whether we all agree
with it or not -- would probably have to come from a mediator, which
should probably be Automattic (or a representative) as they do own
the list. If they make the decision to convert wp-pro from a mailing
list into a BuddyPress Pro community, THEN we can all make our own
decisions on whether or not we'd like to continue (or start)
participating.

It's not currently clear to me whether they will be doing anything
about this just yet. Moreover, I don't think this forum is
necessarily actively moderated by them. (If I am wrong about this,
Jane, please let me know!)

However, if we consider the possibility that Automattic may not want
to do anything with this list right now, then we need to find out if:

1. a MAJORITY of the users on this list see some enhancements to this
forum as necessary.

I have absolutely no idea how many people are on this list, and I
likewise have no idea how useful people think this list is. Since
Automattic owns PollDaddy, maybe we should ask them if they might run
a simple poll there just to answer the question of whether the
majority of people on this list are happy with this list as is... or
not.

If the majority of users are happy with this list, then I guess we
should just let this list be what it is.

If, however, there is still a significant portion of people on this
list that does want to consider a better alternative "wp-pro" forum,
then this faction should collectively consider starting a new forum
for this discussion so that the current satisfied majority of list
users aren't bothered by talk about changing something that they
don't want changed.

I would be interested in the alternative. Personally this current
mailing list form hasn't done much for me as I actually subscribed
here not too long ago because I was just trying to subscribe to
everything WP and thought it might be for professionals/developers to
hold discussions. It turns out that this is more of a small jobs
board. It's still possible that a jobs board would be useful to me,
but I'd think that a mailing list generally isn't the best format for
a job board (although IMO email notification could be a component of
it). I think it would be kind of cool and likely useful to more
people if something better were in place. It would be great to
organize the ideas that everyone might have for a better wp-pro
forum, and propose a solution to Automattic. If we have both a
substantial support base and a good solution, then Automattic would
more likely be interested in it.

--Ann