[wp-pro] Looking for partner for WP maintenance

Sarah Lewis, blogging guru sarah at happyhumans.com
Mon Jan 26 14:58:40 GMT 2009

Hi, all,

I recently had a baby and as a result, have cut my working hours
dramatically. I'm looking for a skilled WordPress pro to recommend to
my clients for their maintenance needs. I have one particular client
in mind, but there will probably be a handful of referrals over the
next month or so.

I'm looking for this particular mix of skills...
- Excellent communication (same- or next-day response to all client
contact; not necessarily that fast for task-turnaround, but at least
an acknowledgment of the request)
- Good availability (you're not so overloaded that you're booking
weeks/months out)
- Happy to do routine maintenance (small tweaks on themes, plugin
installs, upgrades, etc.)
- Excellent XHTML/CSS skills
- High level of comfort with WP conditional code (different themes for
different pages, etc.)
- Familiarity with SEO tactics

If you're interested, please tell me...
- Where I can find examples of your code (sites using a theme you've
created, etc.)
- How you charge and general rates (you'll be working directly with
the client, not me, but I want to make sure I offer some options that
are similar in price to what they've come to expect)
- If you're willing to provide a discount to the client and/or a
referral fee to me (this is not a deal-breaker by any means)

I'll be sending a few recommendations to the first client today, so if
you're interested, please let me know sooner rather than later. :)

--
Sarah Lewis
Helping designers spend more time designing :: DesignEnabler.com