[wp-pro] Search

Joel Fisher joelfisher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 16:53:40 GMT 2009

I am trying to figure out how to do something with Wordpress. I am
using 2.7 but I am trying to figure out how this would be possible.

I'd like to do an "Advanced Search" functionality where a user could
select various criteria and return a list of returned results that I
can "weight"

For example:

Imagine a Vendor Search

Users would select various criteria:

State (checkboxes) / Reception Types (checkboxes) / Environment
(checkboxes) / and then various other pulldown options.

The results would be "weighted" meaning..if one vendor was in more
categories that were selected it would show higher and then
cascade down.

Is this possible with Wordpress / a plugin?

I could put in all the attributes as tags and organize each post (a
vendor detail page) in various categories, etc.

Any references / suggestions / examples would be greatly appreciated.

joel.fisher
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jfisher
www.twitter.com/joelmoney