[wp-pro] How to Hire a Pro

Anthony Cole a at freshpacificmedia.com
Sun Oct 5 15:41:39 GMT 2008

This isn't pointed towards you, it's more of a rant I've had on my
mind for a while, but...

Seeing as we're all *professionals* here I thought there was a purpose
on this list to interact with others in a *professional* manner. This
list is for professional work, but l don't see how being an absolutely
anti-social jerk is in any way *professional*. If you don't like the
fact that a few of us like to have a conversation every once in a
while, then please, get off of the list.

Sure, I can understand that the "I get a large volume of email"
excuse, but please, for the sake of us all, don't tell us to quiet
down. You're on the list by choice. Networking is a very good thing,
and you never know when you might be working with one of us or whether
a potential client is going over these.

If you actually looked over the blog post, #10. It's the "Don't be a
jerk" rule. Follow it next time.

But anyway, adding onto the conversation, that's a really great list.
I mean, seriously, with the exception of the "Don't call us geeks"
I've had to explain all of that to a few of my clients at least once.

I don't mind being called a geek. Deep down, all of us really are.
There's a fine line between "computer geek" and "geek". We all don't
post to 4chan all day long and attend hacking conferences. But we all
have the same mentality; it's natural to the profession. And beyond
that, people don't simply know what to brand us as. People  don't say,
"hey, Tom Brady is a really great athlete" they say "Hey, Tom Brady is
a really great quarterback".

Just my two cents
-ac