[wp-pro] How to Hire a Pro

David Coveney david at interconnectit.com
Sun Oct 5 09:15:05 GMT 2008

A while back I suggested I could write a guide on hiring a professional and
lots of people said 'yes!'.  It followed a number of wp-pro requests that
were pretty low-ball, unprofessional and denigrated the skills of the people
on this list.

Finally I've written a 'lite' version:
http://liverpoolwebdesigner.com/2008/10/04/if-you-want-to-hire-a-professiona
l-act-like-one/

Unfortunately what I've not had time to do is to write a full 'how to
specify WordPress work' article, but I'm hoping to do that in the near
future as a guideline for potential clients.  In the above I do raise a few
points along the lines of how a mockup doesn't constitute a full design
document, for example.

Hopefully it's helpful.  It might seem a bit testy, but other developers so
far seem to relate well to the issues I put across.

All the best everyone and good luck in both hiring pros, and being hired by
them :o)

Dave Coveney

Interconnect IT

+44 (0)151 709 7977