[wp-pro] Spam Karma 2 hack

RICHARD SILVERSTEIN richards1052 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 12 07:55:21 GMT 2008

 I use SpamKarma2 and Bad Behavior as my spam filters.  They are quite
effective.  But I do have a problem with SK2 because it ignores the
Wordpress default moderation settings.  I need to be able to use these
moderation settings to ban individuals by using their e mail addresses or
nicknames.  I have a commenter who I can't ban via IP addresses since he
uses a wireless router.  But I CAN ban him using e mail or nickname since he
uses the same ones every time.  SK2 doesn't allow for this but Wordpress
does.

I'd like to find out whether it might be possible to hack SK2 to force it to
run comments through the WP moderation filter BEFORE or AFTER it goes
through the SK2 filter.  This was something that Peter Westwood at one time
said he might be interested in working on.  But I never succeeded in making
that happen.

Richard Silverstein