[wp-pro] I'm A Doofus. Smart, But Still A Doofus.

Jack White jack.white at comcast.net
Thu Jun 5 18:05:51 GMT 2008

Okay, I'm a web designer who's normally a reasonably bright guy -- no Einstein, for sure, but I get by.  But I'm totally a front-end person -- I don't speak database or php because the neurons and synapses in my brain just don't fire.  Now, I have a client that wants to add a blog to her little website, and she wants Wordpress.  Simple, huh?

Well, I'm looking at this phpMyAdmin screen used by our web hosting company and what I see is nothing like the Wordpress installation instructions for setting up MySQL using this interface.  I'm lost.  Wordpress's Install4Free service told me (very politely, but very firmly) that the site was a commercial one and they wouldn't do it for me.  Their installer said it's maybe five minutes of work and suggested I try here for help.  Cheap help.

So, okay ... here I am.

Help!