[wp-pro] From a Viewpoint of a prospective client on this list

Anthony Cole a at freshpacificmedia.com
Wed Jul 30 15:54:36 GMT 2008

I just wanted to chime in here...

I know this list can get pretty dry sometimes, but I've gotten so many
repeat clients that I don't reply to a project anymore unless it
really interests me. I'm having to turn down work from those clients
as well, being a part-time student.

I also know that there's a few people on this list who underbid or are
just plan unprofessional. I can admit to being one of them at one
point, and I still can't quite gauge how long a certain project here
or there will take me, but as the joker said, "It's all part of the
plan". We've all got to start somewhere, and while this is wp-PRO, it
is an open list. People are going to make mistakes and be stupid, it's
human nature. It's what makes us learn.  I know people can vouch for
me when I say that every one of us has been in that same predicament
with the "never-gotten-such-a-big-project-what-do-I-do" feeling or the
first day on the job syndrome.

Also, let me say this: from someone who's been working out of
Australia since February, you really don't have to live here to work
with a client or a contractor. It's convenient, but not necessary. I
have a large amount of clients on the West Coast and a few months ago
I was working on a project with the Project Manager in Los Angeles and
the client in London, and communication really wasn't that difficult.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Anthony