[wp-pro] From a Viewpoint of a prospective client on this list

Carla Alvarez wordpress at legacymktg.com
Wed Jul 30 01:45:09 GMT 2008

Alan,

I'm glad you were able to find someone, but I'd like to point out a couple
of things to you.

First you mentioned in your email below that you were advised that the
shortest and most cost effective route to your desired result would be to go
with Joomla or Drupal, which you agreed with.

I went back and looked at your original request, and you clearly specified
that 1. Your first preference was someone in Australia, 2. You wanted
someone that had a list of existing sites that they had already developed
with a membership and subscription feature using Wordpress.

We've already established that easiest way to get what you want would have
been on something other than Wordpress, so I don't think the issue you were
facing was that there weren't developers on this list that could help you.

It was that there weren't developers on this list that made a practice of
using a platform that was not the best fit for that type of site.

As for myself, if someone states specific requirements and I don't meet
them, then I don't reply.  It's a waste of my time and theirs.

If a site has an informational focus with some user features, I go with
Joomla.

If everything centers around the user, I'll probably go with Drupal.

If a site is a blog, I go with Wordpress.

Yes, Wordpress can be customized to be a CMS, but I go with the closest
solution to the desired end result and that is what my portfolio represents.

Carla Alvarez
Legacy Marketing Services
www.legacymarketingservices.com