[wp-pro] Request For Answers - Theme Format vs. Site Design - Calling All Wordpress Einsteins

Eirlymeyer eirlymeyer at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 18:20:05 GMT 2008

I have a question regarding a Wordpress site design based on an existing Wordpress Theme.

Scenario:
1.  I have an existing Wordpress Site with an existing Wordpress Theme.
2.  I would like to keep my same exact site design, (styling, functionality, features & looks) but utilize a different developed theme (for example choosing a brand new "theme".)

For example:
Design A  Theme A (Existing theme & design)

Changes to

Design A  Theme B (Same Design New Theme)

My reason for doing this is that a new & existing theme would be coded better & add more functionality.  However, I want to keep my same style & design, & functionality I currently have with my existing site. So, what you see as the viewer would be the same as my existing site, however, my backend would be a new theme & have the functionality, and cleaner code of a new theme.

Questions:
1.  Is this possible?
2.  What's the most effective way to get this accomplished?
3.  What will need to be done to get this accomplished?
4.  Is this the right way to keep your original theme code & design updated?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.  I may be off base here, just trying to get a better understanding of things.

Thanks