[wp-pro] need help with a server upgrade for a WP site

Joshua Fruhlinger jfruh at jfruh.com
Wed Jul 2 14:44:58 GMT 2008

Hi all-

I run a good-sized (1,600 posts, 100,000+ comments), relatively high-
traffic (30K pageviews on the average weekday) WordPress-based site.
The site runs on a VPS and I've been very, very bad about keeping
important server packages (e.g., Apache, PHP) up to date.  I know that
upgrading this stuff isn't so hard, but the problem is that I'm an
entirely self-taught and not particularly skilled WP type and I'm kind
of terrified of losing the site content if something goes wrong.

So, I'm looking for someone is skilled enough in Linux administration
to look over what I have on the server, figure out what needs
upgrading, and then upgrade it AND who is skilled enough with
WordPress to make the appropriate backups in advance of those upgrades
and restore from those backups if something goes wrong.  If we work
well together, this could become a regular gig, as one of my goals is
to not let my server get so out-of-date in the future.

If you're interested, please send me an estimate or your rates, and
the contact information for people you've done similar work with in
the past who'd be willing to vouch for you.  Thanks!

Josh