[wp-pro] Need a professional plugin to aid in posting content and displaying content

Shanghai PRC shanghaiprc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 07:17:27 GMT 2008

I need a plugin created to help with posting information. In my mind, the
plugin will override the current post-new.php (or "sit on top" of it). This
plugin here is a good start, but does not fully meet my needs:
http://www.pirex.com.br/wordpress-plugins/html-templates

I am using Wordpress as a CMS and I have successfully done so for a couple
years. However my latest project involves using WP as a website that
displays a directory. Each page of the directory needs to be formatted in a
similar way, so the current post-new.php doesn't work well because the
person editing needs to make all the markup identical, position items
identically, and also place tables in correctly.

Because of this problem, I need to have a simple plugin that operates in two
parts:

First Part: Posting Content
Instead of seeing the normal post-new.php page, I need to see a page of
fields at the top, followed by the normal WYSIWYG at the bottom so I can
place images. However I also need to place one image at the top, next to the
title (it will be a logo for the particular business listed on that
directpory page). This means the top part will have the text, which is
formatted by the fields, and the below part has the images uploaded normally
like in the current WP. I have not figured out how to get that top image on
the page, but maybe you have an idea.

Some of the fields are textfields, some are URL fields, some are email
fields.

Second Part: Admin Manage Area
a) Once the plugin is activated, an area will open in the Manage or Options
area that allows me to on-the-fly create/delete fields or tables that I can
use in the creation of the post mentioned above. Note: if I DELETE a field,
it should also be deleted in any posts I already made... just like a good
CMS. :)

b) I can also adjuest how the fields are positioned and the HTML surrounding
them. For example if I have 5 fields like %%a%%, %%b%%, %%c%%, %%d%%, and
%%e%% I should have an area where I layout the HTML surrounding those
fields. For example I might say: <h2>%%a%%</h2><br>Business:

An important point: after I have made many posts, if I decide to change the
layout, it should also immediately change the layout on all previous posts,
as well as of course the future posts. Because of this, I think maybe the
easiest way to format is directly in the template page for the "post.php",
so that means the variables used above like %%a%% need to work well in WP
and the templates.

I think plugins like this are already basically available, but I need
something like above that is simple and easy to upgrade when WP gets
upgraded. :)

Pls let me know asap if you can do this project (please put "[WP Plugin
Request]" at the beginning of the subject of your email to me and also let
me know how quickly and the price. I know this is something that can be done
relatively quickly.

tks!