[wp-pro] Paid: looking for reskin of WordPress site

J Plaster jplaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:21:16 GMT 2008

I am looking for someone who is an expert in creating WordPress
templates to "reskin" my site, at www.oberlinlgbt.org, to improve the
appearance and bring the underlying coding up to date (tableless
layouts).

Please contact me at jplaster at gmail.com, or through the site, with
questions, interest, and profile. I can pay up to $2000, depending on
the scope of the project and your experience.

Project profile:

The Oberlin College LGBT Community History Project is an online
archive created to record, preserve, and make available Oberlin
College's lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) history. Its
key audience is the Oberlin College community, including students,
alumni, staff, and faculty.

One of the key aims of the website is making documents, historical
narratives, audio interviews, and images available and easily
accessible and searchable. The other is to encourage the community to
get involved by sending additional writings, images, and documents to
be posted to the website. One measure of the website's success will be
the number of people who actively participate in furthering its goals.

Cosmetic Design Goals:

Our primary need is an extensive cosmetic redesign of the site. The
ideal candidate would have a knowledge of LGBT politics and/or
social/racial justice politics.

Details:

*The structure of the site should remain virtually the same, but the
"look" of the site should be made more colorful and vibrant, while
remaining smart, sophisticated, and understated. I like clean,
elegant, minimalist design. The design of
http://www.thirdcoastfestival.org/ is good, though a little busy.

*The current header and side menu in particular should be redesigned.

*The font type, spacing, and margins are good as they are, but I'm
open to changes.

*The text should remain the focal point, but I would also like to make
more of the photos and images – perhaps larger versions. I have a
number of new color images that can be used for the redesign.

*Roughly 30 additional photos will be added to specific pages on the
site. Roughly the same amount of PDF articles will be added. About
five new personal histories will be added, along with audio clips of
the oral histories.

Deadline:

The website redesign should ideally be completed by mid/late March,
when an article profiling the site will appear in Oberlin's alumni
magazine.