[wp-pro] need WP pro help -- willing to pay

Joshua Fruhlinger jfruh at jfruh.com
Sat Feb 2 18:04:37 GMT 2008

Hello all-

I have a Wordpress install running a fairly high-traffic site -- a
million pageviews a month, hundreds of comments a day. I installed WP
because it was quick and easy and generally works great but it's been
slowly getting quirkier and quirkier and I'm really not at all in a
position to fix it in terms of my knowledge. This past week I started
running a number of really severe problems, which I'll outline below
in this post. The bottom line is that due to personal scheduling
issues I really need to get these fixed by Monday if possible and am
willing to pay an expert to look my install over. I would love to have
the site back up and running by Monday and then perhaps next week ask
for some paid reviews of the rest of the install. Feel free to email
me with your payment quote for this consulting gig.

Here are the details of the problems as I see them:

*I can access the site as usual using Safari on Mac OS X. If I use
Firefox on OS X, though, I just get a blank page when I access the
site; when I try to view source, it's similarly blank. This also
applies to other Safari-derived browsers.
*I was able to access the site OK with IE7 and Firefox on Windows XP.
My user, however, tells me that when he tried to access it with IE7,
he got an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error.
*Trying to post comments doesn't work on any browser/OS combo from
where I sit. On the Mozilla-derived browsers, I just get blank pages.
On IE, I get an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error.
On Safari, I get "Safari can’t open the page “http://joshreads.com/?p=1407#comment-422000
” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection, which
sometimes occurs when the server is busy. You might be able to open
the page later."
*I can still access the WP control panel and create new posts with any
browers that can access the main site. One thing I note is that none
of the stuff on the dashboard page that draws from other sites -- the
"What links here" from Technorati or any of the feeds on Wordpress
news -- is not appearing.
*Other sites hosted on the same server are working fine -- including a
PHPBB site running off of the same PHP install.

I'm using 2.3.1 because I upgrade via Fantastico and it doesn't seem
to have picked up 2.3.2 yet. Anyone with any idea on even where to
start with this, help! My site is at http://joshreads.com if you want
to take a look.

I should add that I didn't change anything about the site at the time
the errros started -- I didn't even put up a new post. I do have ads
on the site that change automatically from time to time but the
problems seem to be affecting areas of the site (like the dashboard)
that don't have ads on them.