[wp-pro] Upgrade from WP to WPMU

eric at moonviper.com eric at moonviper.com
Sun Dec 21 23:24:51 GMT 2008

Basically, I'm looking for someone who's had some experience in upgrading and installing WordPress MU who can help me with this project.

I have a very large blog, with a highly customized template, and a few other factors that make it virtually impossible for me to simply export the data from my blog, install WordPressMU, and import the data again, but to take me to the next level of where I'd like to go, I have a need to upgrade from WordPress to WordPress MU on the fly.  If the site needs to come down for a certain (reasonable) length of time while the upgrade happens, I can deal with that.

I'm also using quite a few plugins, a couple of which are absolutely essential to the proper functioning of the site.  Primary among these is Domain Theme, which allows me to have several different domains share the same database, each using their own WordPress Theme.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to continue using this plugin (as I've got around 25 domains that would all come down if I couldn't use it)

I'm relatively new to WordPress, but have done some pretty cool things with it thus far, and I think MU is the way to go.  I could probably handle this on my own, but I'm terrified I'll &$%# something up, I'm hoping someone on this list has more cajones than I do, and can pull this upgrade off without a hitch.

Once we've got it up and running, I'd like to install BuddyPress which will enable me to do the things I'd like to do.

Thanks in advance

                       Our Business is Helping Your Business Succeed

                        Eric Wood
                        President  MoonViper.com
                        7008 Sandell Ave
                        Suite 9
                        Edina, MN 55435
                        eric at moonviper.com
                        http://www.outgaylife.com  tel:  952-681-7794

            Want to always have my latest info? Want a signature like this?