[wp-pro] WordPress fresh install problems

Jeff Ross jr at jeffross.la
Thu Apr 17 14:14:33 GMT 2008

I am trying to re-install WordPress fresh.  I wasn't able to access the
admin options panel after errantly changing the WordPress location option.
I could log in and get to the panel, but it would not let me change any
options when I hit update, with the error that page doesn't exist or had
been moved.

I have deleted my previous installation and if you go to
http://www.benkilik.com/blog (which doesn't exist anymore) the old blog
still shows up, but without any of the formatting of the template it once
had. I don't understand how this is possible- that file doesn't exist on the
server!

I tried re-installation, but can't get to the login page- it says that file
doesn't exist on the server even though in the ftp program I clearly see it.
I don't understand. I have now deleted the installation in my server control
panel, backed up the database and deleted the database.  I am ready to
re-install, but I don't know how to proceed- please help!

Thank you

Jeff Ross
jr at jeffross.la