[wp-pro] ftp: XAMPP flezilla

Leslie banth at comcast.net
Sun Sep 23 09:19:36 GMT 2007

Hi.  You should be able to drop them into the directory,even ifyou're
running XAMPP from thumbdrive.  XAMPP will see it when you leave the
directory via the XAMPP web page and come back.  Isn't XAMPP great?  I
played with installing every CMS I could find into it.  But if you want
pictures to be indexed by wordpress I suppose you'd have to upload them.

Filezilla is for running ftp transfers on a machine that doesn't have an FTP
client - or for grabbing your personal files from work and dropping them on
your website if you don't want to leave traces on the Windows machine.
DItto the email program that is bundled with XAMPP.  Carry the stick on your
keychain and you can do a wordpress demo or even modify your live
installation offline.

Oh, for Wordpress - I think that you may have to down load the Perl
ModRewrite script for XAMPP.  Not sure, it's been a while.  Also, you may
have to change something in php.ini  or .htaccess to upload large files or
unsupported mime types.  (There's a plugin for that - but if you try to
upload a large list of extensions the php.ini upload file size limitation
may nail you.)

Are you running XAMPP on a memory stick or on a Windows machine?

Ah, but the purists will tell us these are XAMPP questions, not Wordpress
questions.  Email me OFF-LIST if you have more questions.  No charge.  :-)

Leslie Ann

  _____