[wp-pro] Fix the RSS validation error in my WP 2.2 installation

Daniel Gold goodgold at gmail.com
Wed May 30 21:04:04 GMT 2007

Hello WP Pros,

My RSS feed does not Validate.  This started after I upgraded to WP 2.2.

I'll paypal $5 to anyone who can fix this (or tell me what to change,
resulting in a Valid feed), if you are the first person to give the
solution.  If you require More pay, feel free to email me a Quote.  I
would like to get this solved today, or as soon as possible.

I posted Details of the Error message here:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/119922?replies=1

The Error from Feed Validator is as follows:
Sorry - This feed does not validate.
line 1, column 1: XML parsing error: unknown:1:1: xml declaration not
at start of external entity [help]
           ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?
           ^
In addition, this feed has an issue that may cause problems for some
users. Feeds should not be served with the "text/html" media type

Dgold