[wp-pro] help with spaces in RSS feed creating error

Jon Symons jonleehacker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 03:56:38 GMT 2007

I'm getting this error in my RSS feed on a WordPress blog:

XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity
Location: http://www.mysite.com/blog/rss
Line Number 3, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!--
generator="wordpress/2.0.5" -->
^

I've looked up the error and it seems to be cause by blank lines at the head
of the xml file, above the <?xml version section.

So I downloaded this file as text and sure enough there are 2 blank lines at
the begining of the file.

But the wp-rss.php file is standard. I disabled all the plugins on the site
and still the error persists.

Please quote me a rate or let me know if you need more info.